Your child will complete the following areas of Language and Literacy at their individual level:
- Developing skills of Literal, Inferential and Summarising using shared, guided and independent texts
- Novel: Kaspar, Prince of Cats (Michael Morpurgo) based on the Titanic topic
- Guided Reading texts including Don Quixote, The Snow Queen, Twice Upon a Time and the Royal Society Book Prize 2020 Shortlisted Texts
- Accelerated Reader: Home Reading and Class Quizzing
- Grammar and Punctuation: Parts of Speech, Basic Punctuation, Apostrophes, Adverbs
- Spelling: Plurals, Prefixes, Homophones, Verb Tenses, Suffixes, ei/ie rule
- Writing Genres: Diary Writing based on Kaspar, Prince of Cats; Poetry facilitated by Poetry in Motion poets - poems created by the pupils will be included in a special Anthology of Poetry published on 2021
Talking and Listening
- Opportunities for discussion during all class sessions, including providing opinions and justifying them with evidence
- Drama: Harvest Assembly; Christmas Show; The One Show - Titanic
Your child will access the following areas of Maths at their own individual level:
- Place Value (of any number)
- Fractions, including equivalence and finding fractions of amounts
- Decimals, including equivalence to fractions and percentages
- Percentages, including notation, finding percentages of amounts and equivalence to fractions and decimals
- The Four Operation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and associated word problems
- Negative Numbers
- Number and Shape Patterns
Shape and Space
- 2D and 3D Shape including key vocabulary
- Angles, including naming angles and using angle facts to find missing angles in right angles, on a straight line, round a point, in triangles and in quadrilaterals
- Area, including counting squares, formula for the area of squares, rectangles and triangles and associated word problems
- Time, including conversion of times, duration and reading/interpreting timetables
- Measures, including conversion of measures and associated word problems
- Reading and interpreting graphs, including Venn and Carroll diagrams, Bar Charts, Pie Charts and Line Graphs
The World Around Us topic for the Autumn Term is 'The Titanic'.
During this topic we will be
- designing and building our own Titanic ships from junk materials
- carrying out science experiments related to Bouyancy, Floating and Sinking and Melting Icebergs
- learning about the characters aboard the Titanic and the opulence of their surroundings
- writing and recording our own radio broadcasts and front page newspaper stories
- debating what went wrong and who was to blame for the sinking of the Titanic
amongst many, many other exciting things!
Through the LLT topic 'Healthy Habits', we will be learning about:
- Infection and Body Protection
- Keeping Clean
Through the LLT topic 'Say's Who?', we will be exploring:
- Influences and Groups
- Handling Criticism
- Human Rights
- How much do I cost?
Composing dance music digitally using the Lauchpad and Groovepad apps on the iPad; recording and reading music using a Graphic Score
Learning Christmas songs and carols to share with the community
Art and Design:
Using a variety of skills and media to create our own William Morris wallpaper design based on the Titanic
Preparation for the Harvest Assembly and Christmas Show
The One Show - Titanic Edition
Hockey and Badminton: developing hitting and receiving skills, body movement and fine/gross motor control through small sided Hockey and Badminton games
Scottish Dance: Scottish Dance lessons through Zoom, facilitated by Michelle Johnston and the Ulster Scots Association
Religion Education is provided via the Bible Time stories and activity booklets.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: