Language and Literacy
Your child will complete the following areas of Language and Literacy at their individual level:
- Developing skills of Literal, Inferential and Summarising using shared, guided and independent texts
- Novel: Stormbreaker
- Guided Reading texts including a range of fiction and non-fiction texts
- Accelerated Reader: Home Reading and Class Quizzing
- Grammar and Punctuation: apostrophes for possessions, connectives, speech marks
- Spelling: Common words, Homophones/near homophones, age, ph, al, ance, ment, ive, ous, ate, ei, ary, tion, ch
- Writing Genres: Biographical writing based on Harriet Tubman, autobiographical writing and Science Fiction writing
Talking and Listening
- Opportunities for discussion during all class sessions, including providing opinions and justifying them with evidence
- Drama: Easter Assembly
Mathematics and Numeracy
Your child will access the following areas of Maths at their own individual level:
Shape and Space
- Estimate measure, draw and label angles up to 360 degrees
- Use a protractor
- Describe properties of regular and irregular “d shapes in terms of sides, angles, symmetry and tessellation
- Use drawing software and a programmable language such as LOGO to construct 2D shapes.
- Understand and use scale in the context of simple maps and drawings
- Appreciate the concept of scale to represent distances/lengths.
- Understand and use the terms – decade, century and millennium
- Calculate durations of time
- Discuss different times in other countries
Sequences and Patterns
- Examine patterns and sequences in number to predict missing and subsequent terms
- Explore patterns and number sequences through spatial investigations
- Follow sets of instructions to generate number sequences
- number problems involving the RUCSAC method
- Money problems
- Number problems with decimals
- Roman numerals
- Data handling
The World Around Us
The World Around Us topic for the Spring Term is ‘Birds and Flight’.
During this topic we will be
- Investigating birds and migration and creating a game to highlight the dangers of migration
- Take part in the RSPB bird watch
- Researching birds of prey and creating a top trumps game
- Learn about flight in relation to plants
- Carrying out science experiments related to flight with paper aeroplanes, helicopters, parachutes, kites and rockets
- Exploring the different types of forces and the effect these have
Personal Development and Mutual Understanding
Through the LLT topic ‘Thinking and Feeling’, we will be learning about:
- Self awareness
- Being fit for the future
- Understanding of the local and wider community
‘Bee Safe’ programme which is an interactive learning experience to inform pupils how to stay safe and make the right decisions. Topics include internet safety, water safety, fire safety, road safety, farm safety, home safety and mental health safety and well-being.
We will be learning about:
- Scratch programming
- Making a website
Listening to and reflecting on orchestral music. Inventing their own musical motifs and structuring them into a piece of music. Performing as an ensemble and learning musical language.
Learning a musical instrument e.g. recorder, ukulele
Learning Easter songs for our Easter assembly.
Art and Design:
Using a variety of skills and media to create printed wallpapers, clay tiles, detailed sketches and models based on our unit Flight and linked to wildlife.
Preparation for the Easter Assembly
Hockey and Badminton: developing hitting and receiving skills, body movement and fine/gross motor control through small sided Hockey and Badminton games
Gymnastics and dance: lessons taught by Healthy Kidz
Religion Education is provided via the Bible Time stories and activity booklets.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: